Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!!

It is New Years Day on our island and we just put our little munchkins to bed!! We had a great time together as a family, enjoying the cool breezes that come our way this time of year! We spent the evening on the porch watching the kids ride their bikes and visiting with our neighbours. We allowed the 3 older kids to stay up and ring in the New Year and then put them to bed. What a great day. One thing I have greatly enjoyed this holiday season has been the time I have been able to spend with my family, and how much fun we have together.
Me and my fun 4!!
For the past few years I have been using Bible verses as my New Year's Resolutions. It is something that I did not plan but just happened, because we all know that things "just happen" with God. Well, this year a friend of mine posted a verse the other day on her blog and I have not been able to get it out of my mind or off of my heart. That verse is Hag 1:5  Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. I am just like everyone else, I want to loose weight, be a better wife and mom, have a better walk with God, and so on. However, as I have spent the last few days meditating on this verse, and yes I do mean meditating, like I said I could not get it out of my mind, I realized that all those "normal" resolutions are covered by considering my ways. This can be applied to every aspect of my life. Considering my ways will cause me to slow down, something I really need to do anyway, and think about what I am doing and why.
I know that my Lord had this verse for me and I am so glad He gave it to me. I am looking forward to a great year here on Guam, and I pray friends that you have a blessed New Year!
Happy New Year from the island of Guam!!




1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! It is a convicting verse. I have many "ways" that need changing! With God's help I can do better this year.

    ReplyDelete