Friday 14 June 2013

Ethaen

No child is ever a mistake. However, my Ethaen was definitely a surprise! My husband and I always knew we wanted more children after our first. We did not plan on it being just 13 months after our first was born. After I got over the initial shock excitement did set in. From the beginning I knew Ethaen was a boy. I thought since it was so soon after my first son was born it would be nice for Nate to have a brother, a buddy, a play mate, a best friend...and he does.
Ethaen is a wonderful big brother to his sisters, and he adores his older brother. He LOVES to work with any kind of tools. He loves to take apart his toys and put them back together. He is also my child who does not want to grow up. (and that is fine with me)
Ethaen's middle name is Joseph. He shares his middle name with his Gramps! (my dad) My dad is one of the greatest men I know and I am so glad Ethaen carries my dad's name.
Ethaen means strong and firm. My prayer is that Ethaen will be a strong and firm man, strong in his faith, firm in his beliefs, firm in his character, firm in standing for what is right.
I am thankful everyday that the Lord showed us that his plans are better than our plans. I am thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be Ethaen's mom for the past 8 years, and I am looking forward to many, many more.
Happy Birthday Ethaen-Joe!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment