Thursday 28 March 2013

There Is No Place Like Home

Wow!! So much has been happening here, that I am finally taking time to take it all in, but it still seems too good to be true. Let me start at the beginning. When we moved to Guam we started in a 2 bedroom duplex, great little house. Little is the key word! We were so excited about getting to Guam, and our duplex was so much bigger than where we lived in the states, that we did not notice just how small our house was. That was a year ago, believe me I notice now!!
We were making plans to go on furlough the beginning of 2014. While making those plans, I would constantly check listings for houses on the south side of the island so that I would know what the price range was. I found our perfect house, and it was twice what we pay now.
 It has...
3 bedrooms
Part of our yard!
2 bathrooms
Walk in closet in the master bedroom
Large living room
Kitchen with separate dining room
Washer and dryer
2 Car carport
A big beautiful yard
Fruit trees and tropical flowers all over our yard!
I wanted that house so bad, but there was no way we could afford it, so I left it, and to be quite honest never even really prayed about it. Jump ahead to last week. I was on Craigslist and saw the exact house listed for half the listing price. I was so excited, and that did not last very long. After seeking counsel from my in-laws (who are so smart) and doing some checking we found out it was a scam. Praise the Lord we were protected from losing any money.
The realtor handling the property called my husband and we told him there was no way we could afford that property. He then wanted to know what we could afford. My husband wanted to give him an honest number without being insulting, so he told him $1,000 a month (VERY good for that house on the island) We honestly did not expect to hear from him again!
Last Friday, got a call, he excepted our offer!!! The land lord is taking a loss, but he feels that some is better than nothing. In 3 weeks we get to move into the house that God gave us.
I am so amazed at God's goodness to me. I always claim Psalm 37:4-5 as "my" verses, and God keeps proving himself to me!
Psa 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 
Psa 37:5  Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. 
The kids and I are having such a great time planning rooms. The girls have never had their own room, and the boys can not wait to be on their own. (The get tired of having dolls and princesses in their stuff) I love packing and organizing, and unpacking, and reorganizing. Most importantly, we are going to be with our people, the people that most people do not even know, the people of the island of Guam, the Chamorro people.


Oh yeah, it is BRIGHT yellow!! I love it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment